Posted on December 29, 2016
1. fashion exhibition “manus x mashina, fashion in an age of technology” which explores how fashion designers are reconciling the handmade and the machine-made in the creation of haute couture and avant-garde ready-to-wear, MET new york. http://www.metmuseum.org/press/exhibitions/2015/manus-x-machina
2. balenciaga AW 2016 campaign shot by mark borthwick, the first campaign since demna gvasalia took creative control of the house.
3. collection of three-dimensional jewelry pieces made of polyester fabric inspired by various sea creatures by japanese designer mark kusomoto. http://www.marikokusumoto.com
4. presentation of louis vuitton’s resort 2017 collection designed by nicolas ghesquiere set at the oscar niemeyer niterói contemporary art museum in rio de janeiro.
5. »what I like«, the exhibition of molly goddard at NOW gallery, london, where six brightly-coloured dresses hung from the ceiling and invited the visitors to embroider them. https://mollygoddard.com
6. faig ahmet carpets , a stark contrast between ancient carpet-weaving techniques from his native country of azerbaijan and aggressively contemporary ideas of digital manipulation, pixelation, and distortion. http://www.faigahmed.com
7. marni SS 2017 collection with oversized pockets, the last one designed by consuelo castiglioni
8. céline SS 2017 collection, in which pheobe philo put the yves klein athropometric prints back on the body.
9. the launch of NYTM – the inaugural new york textiles month in september 2016; a month-long city-wide festival designed to celebrate textile creativity and promote textile awareness. http://www.textilemonth.nyc
10. interactive magnetic wallpaper designed by kristel erga made from recycled textile waste that allows you to piece together a wall décor of your choice, while eliminating pre-consumer textile waste.
11. a short film by craig mcdean fot sacai’s first line of bags, designed by chitose abe and katie hillier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZDrvZ8pJvc
12. faustine steinmetz SS 2017 collection of hand-dyed, hand-spun and handwoven denim pieces. http://www.faustinesteinmetz.com
13. exhibition “switch / dutch design on move”, which presents textile products, furniture and installations based around the themes of sustainability, craftsmanship & innovation, poetry & stories and design-based research; textielmuseum tilburg. http://www.textielmuseum.nl/en/exposition/switch-dutch-design-on-the-move
14. kailu guan’s collection of garments that present three-dimensional shapes and moving patterns when viewed on a digital device. https://vimeo.com/165822711
Posted on September 9, 2016
po nekaj letih je spet lepo doživeti septemberski paris v času design weeka, se sprehoditi mimo novih kolekcij v le bon marcheju, v nedeljo dopoldne barantati na bolšjaku v porte de clignancourtu, zvečer opazovati mimoidoče v maraisu … najbolj naporno je posedati na sejmu in v množici produktov ponujati svojo kolekcijo….
after a few years, it is nice to be in paris during design week in september again, take a walk through the new collections at le bon marche, bargain in porte de clignancourt flea market on sunday morning, watch the passers-by at evenings in marais … the most exhausting is offering your own collection in the crowd of products at the fair…
Posted on May 14, 2016
v modi gre vse prehitro: pred kratkim se je zaključil ljfw – ljubljana fashion week s predstavitvijo kolekcij za jesen/zimo 2016/17. izbrani so modeli, naročeni materiali, prirejeni kroji, potrebno je kolekcijo le še izdelati za prodajo. vedno več znamk se odloča za prodajo kupcem takoj po predstavitvi na fashion weeku. modni krog je tako postal še hitrejši, znanje logistike še zahtevnejše.
in fashion, everything goes too fast: recently, the ljubljana fashion week with collections for autumn/winter 2016/17 has finished. the dresses have been selected for the production, materials have been ordered, the patterns have been modified. now, the collection has to be produced and prepared for the sale. some of the brands have decided to sell their collections immediately after showing them at the fashion shows. fashion circle has become even faster and knowledge of logistics even more demanding.
foto: jure makovec
Posted on April 1, 2016
del kolekcije almirasadar pomlad/poletje 2016 je namenjen vsem tistim, ki se dobro počutijo v udobnih, mehkih in funkcionalnih oblačilih – za vse ljubiteljice “athleisure” oblačil, ki kombinirajo joga hlače z ostalimi oblačili tudi preko dneva.
a part od the almirasadar collection spring/summer 2016 is intended to all those women who like comfortable, soft and functional clothing – for all the lovers of “athleisure” clothes, who combine yoga pants with other clothing even during the day.
foto: ana hribar
Posted on March 11, 2016
interier kolekcija pomlad/poletje 2016 je oblikovana z ljubeznijo do ročnih del, barv in vzorcev. sodobni izdelki so narejeni s pomočjo tradicionalnih tekstilnih tehnik kvačkanja, pletenja in tkanja. ročno delo v konceptu trajnostnega oblikovanja opozarja na pozabljene kulturne vrednote, ki so jih gojili in razvijali ljudje v določenem času in prostoru. izdelke lahko naročite v trgovini almirasadar, beethovnova 12, ljubljana ali v spletni tgovini.
almirasadar spring/summer home collection is designed with love of handwork, colors and patterns. traditional textile techniques of crocheting, knitting and weaving are used to achieve a contemporary design. as a part of sustainable design, handwork recalls the forgotten cultural values which have been grown and developed in the past by people in the certain places. you can order the products in almirasadar shop, beethovnova 12, ljubljana or in e shop.
foto: ana hribar
Posted on December 14, 2015
1. utopian bodies: fashion looks forward
an exhibition at liljevalch konsthall in stockholm, sweden, focuses on the positive aspects of fashion and how it relates to the human form. the exhibited objects, images and videos are inspired by themes that are important today: sustainability, change, technology, craft, solidarity, memory, resistance, gender identity and love.
2. where I see fashion
a fashion blog by bianca luini in a form of a digital diary in which visuals sharing similar patterns are selected and combined in pairs. the main purpose is to show that everything is, or can be related in some way.
“the factory of the future”, which uses technology to create unique and ethically – produced pieces of fashion and offers the opportunity to customize a knitwear via a web app. a range of geometric patterns were designed for the brand, which customers can manipulate in different ways to create almost limitless variations.
4. luis vuitton windows
a book celebrating the storefront visuals that faye mcleod and her studio have designed for luis vuitton. vitrines are presented as works of art and show the imagination and experimentation of different concepts and collaborations with artist like frank gehry, yayoi kusama, daniel burens, sofia coppola…
5. gypsy ballads
delpozo spring 2016 collection was inspired by federico lorca s gypsy ballads and emilie floge, the fashion loving muse of gustav klimt. designer josep font translated the inspirations into voluminous ruffled pants, floor skimming dresses with tiers of tulle and large structural tops.
6. gravity fatigue
in collaboration with choreographer damien jalet, hussein chalayan has created a dance piece inspired by the themes of identity and displacement. he has combined the visual creativity of his designs and concepts with contemporary dance to bring to life a transformational imaginary world.
7. nikelab x sacai
nike has collaborated with sacai to launch a capsule collection of women s performance sportwear. each garment combines two different materials in a special and unexpected way, creating surprising interpretations.
8. anrealage autumn/winter 2015/16
a strong experimental collection of a young japanese designer, in which every garment translates a possible light manifestation. the circles on the garments emphasize the idea of the spot light.
9. we make carpets
we make carpets are a dutch design studio, which create temporary 2D installations from everyday material and objects. after they have exhibited more than 50 different carpets from different materials, they were invited to present their work at milano design week 2016 at ventura lambrate.
10. brothers campana for camper
the special edition of the pelottas shoes and a matching bag were created for the exhibition of a Spanish footwear brand at London s design museum. the design of both products incorporates the idea of transformation, reinvention and the integration of craftsmanship and technology.
Posted on December 12, 2015
designsupermarket je predbožična prodajna razstava čeških oblikovalcev, kjer letos kot gostje v okviru projekta “made in slovenija” gostujejo tudi slovenski modni in tekstilni oblikovalci. kafkov dom v središču prage je za teden dni z instalacijami nakita, stekla, papirnatih in modnih izdelkov v štirih nadstropjih postal družabno in nakupovalno središče vseh, ki podpirajo domači dizajn.
designsupermarket is the christmas exhibition of czech designers. a group of slovenian fashion and textile designers were invited to attend the event to present their project “made in slovenija”. house of kafka in the centre of prague with four floors of installations of jewellery, glass, paper and fashion has become a social and shopping centre for everybody who support domestic design.
Posted on December 5, 2015
pop-up trgovine so zanimive, ker vzniknejo naenkrat, obstajajo kratek čas, potem pa spet izginejo… v ponedeljek, 7. decembra bo v stari ljubljani tako vzniknila pop-up trgovina sedmih slovenskih oblikovalk in oblikovalcev in bo v pop-up vizualni podobi špele leskovic in teje ideje vabila mimoidoče k nakupu slovenskih novoletnih daril. vabljeni!
pop-up stores are interested because they emerge suddenly, exist for a short time, and disappear again… on monday, 7 december, a pop-up store representing seven slovenian designers will be open in the old part of ljubljana. interior and visual design was conceived by špele leskovic and teje ideje. welcome to pass by and choose some slovenian christmas gifts.
Posted on November 14, 2015
košare iz almirasadar home collection bodo v kratkem na prodaj na spletni strani www.theorganisedhome.co.uk. fotografinja ana hribar je v tininem stanovanju za stran posnela nekaj interiernih fotografij s košarami.
Posted on September 29, 2015
kolekcija vezenih copatov je nastala pravzaprav iz ostankov volnenega filca, iz katerega so bili predhodno narejeni volneni tepihi. s pomočjo laserja so bili izrezani posamezni deli copat in luknjice v njih, ki so omogočile vezenje s križci po vzoru slovenskih tradicionalnih vezenin.
collection of embroidered slippers was actually designed from the remains of woolen felt, from which woolen carpets had been made. individual parts of slippers and small holes in them, cut with laser, enabled embroidery with crosses which derives from slovenian traditional embroidery.