1. fashion exhibition “manus x mashina, fashion in an age of technology” which explores how fashion designers are reconciling the handmade and the machine-made in the creation of haute couture and avant-garde ready-to-wear, MET new york. http://www.metmuseum.org/press/exhibitions/2015/manus-x-machina
2. balenciaga AW 2016 campaign shot by mark borthwick, the first campaign since demna gvasalia took creative control of the house.
3. collection of three-dimensional jewelry pieces made of polyester fabric inspired by various sea creatures by japanese designer mark kusomoto. http://www.marikokusumoto.com
4. presentation of louis vuitton’s resort 2017 collection designed by nicolas ghesquiere set at the oscar niemeyer niterói contemporary art museum in rio de janeiro.
5. »what I like«, the exhibition of molly goddard at NOW gallery, london, where six brightly-coloured dresses hung from the ceiling and invited the visitors to embroider them. https://mollygoddard.com
6. faig ahmet carpets , a stark contrast between ancient carpet-weaving techniques from his native country of azerbaijan and aggressively contemporary ideas of digital manipulation, pixelation, and distortion. http://www.faigahmed.com
7. marni SS 2017 collection with oversized pockets, the last one designed by consuelo castiglioni
8. céline SS 2017 collection, in which pheobe philo put the yves klein athropometric prints back on the body.
9. the launch of NYTM – the inaugural new york textiles month in september 2016; a month-long city-wide festival designed to celebrate textile creativity and promote textile awareness. http://www.textilemonth.nyc
10. interactive magnetic wallpaper designed by kristel erga made from recycled textile waste that allows you to piece together a wall décor of your choice, while eliminating pre-consumer textile waste.
11. a short film by craig mcdean fot sacai’s first line of bags, designed by chitose abe and katie hillier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZDrvZ8pJvc
12. faustine steinmetz SS 2017 collection of hand-dyed, hand-spun and handwoven denim pieces. http://www.faustinesteinmetz.com
13. exhibition “switch / dutch design on move”, which presents textile products, furniture and installations based around the themes of sustainability, craftsmanship & innovation, poetry & stories and design-based research; textielmuseum tilburg. http://www.textielmuseum.nl/en/exposition/switch-dutch-design-on-the-move
14. kailu guan’s collection of garments that present three-dimensional shapes and moving patterns when viewed on a digital device. https://vimeo.com/165822711